Polish International Development Fund
Type of funding
Polish companies investing in foreign markets
Date of availability
What you get
Acquire a co-investor in your foreign expansion project – up to 50% of the value of the investment.
What do you need to know?
The Polish International Development Fund offers Polish companies capital co-financing of their foreign investment projects through loans or the acquisition of minority interests with repurchase, on market terms.
The Fund may finance the acquisition of a foreign company, the creation of a new company or the further development of an existing foreign subsidiary of a Polish company. The Fund can invest both in and outside the European Union, including in developing and high-risk countries, in almost all sectors, not only in production companies, but also in distribution and service companies.
The typical size of the Fund's investment in one project is between one and several million euros, but will not represent more than 50% of the value of the total investment.
- Investment period up to 10 years.
- The Fund invests jointly with a Polish company directly in its foreign subsidiary and shares with it the risk of a foreign project.
- The Fund does not enter the ownership structure of the Polish parent company.
- As a minority investor in a foreign company, the Fund leaves management of the foreign project in the hands of a Polish company.
- The expected rate of return will be determined individually and will depend on the project risk, the risk of the country in which it is implemented and the financial instrument selected.
- Lower risk to your business
- Maintaining full control of the company
- Possibility to enter risk markets
The best moment to contact the Polish International Development Fund regarding cooperation is the stage of creating a structure for the foreign investment project and clarifying the concept.
What are the requirements to be met?
Your company should have the right experience and management staff with competence to conduct a foreign business based on a proven model in Poland or expanding the company's existing native business. The second condition is the ability to raise funds to finance your part of a foreign investment project.
How to use the product?
First of all, we encourage you to send an email with information about your company, experience and financial capabilities and a brief description of the design of the project and its place in the company's strategy.
If you are interested in the offer of the Polish International Development Fund, we invite you to contact us by phone (+48) 22 341 70 00 or or e-mail email@example.com.